7 reasons to make the switch to reusable dryer balls
When we talk about reducing waste we often focus about the single-use plastic crisis--and for good reason. According to the Earth Day Network, 13 billion tons of plastic will enter landfills or the environment by 2050.
But, often some of the most wasteful products are ones we might not usually think about.
Take dryer sheets, for instance. Sure, they’re a convenient way to reduce static and keep laundry fresh. But, this very convenience--the fact that you throw them away after one use--also makes them extremely wasteful.
Many dryer sheets are made of polyester which can take up to 200 years to break down. There’s also speculation that the chemicals used to make dryer sheets give your laundry that great fresh scent may be toxic.
So, given the wastefulness of the traditional dryer sheet, what can we use to ensure our clothes stay fresh and static free?
Enter reusable wool dryer balls.
Here's a few reasons why you should consider making the switch to dryer balls for all your drying needs:
- Dryer balls reduce drying time and help clothes dry more efficiently which saves energy and money.
- Wool dryer balls replace dryer sheets and liquid fabric softener saving you money because you can cross it off your shopping list!
- Dryer sheets and liquid fabric softener can cause ezcema, and coat your clothing with chemicals. Wool dryer balls are an all-natural, chemical-free alternative.
- Dryer balls can fluff up your down items, such as jackets and blankets.
- Dryer balls don't have an artificial smell and can be scented with natural oils like lavender, citrus, etc.
- Liquid fabric softener will coat your towels, making them less absorbent.
- Dryer balls last 2-4 years and for over 1,000 loads which minimizes waste. Dryer sheets and fabric softener containers must be thrown away frequently and take up space in a landfill.
Ready to make the switch to wool dryer balls? We recently added dryer balls to our reusable ecosystem.